Ugly Sweater Party Ideas: How to Make an Ugly Christmas Sweater Cake by Donna John
Ugly sweater parties are all the rage. This fun ugly Christmas sweater cake can be customized to fit any theme – and be as ugly as you want it to be. Get creative with the icing colors and decorations to make a cake as unique as Uncle Bob's Christmas taco sweater or your neighbor’s holiday tuxedo number!
- 1 box cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 can white frosting
- food coloring
- chocolate chips
- edible holiday cake decorations
Here's how to make it:
- Bake the cake in a 13x9-inch pan following the directions on the box. Remove from pan onto a serving platter and allow to cool completely.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the frosting and set aside. Color the rest of the white frosting to desired color. Frost entire cooled cake.
- Press a fork into the icing all over the cake to create a sweater material effect.
- Put the reserved frosting into a plastic zipper bag and cut off the end to create a piping bag (or use regular piping bag and decorative tip). Pipe a V and a line down the middle to create the sweater neck and seam.
- Add chocolate chips for buttons.
- Decorate the rest of the cake with desired holiday decorations to finish the ugly sweater.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ugly Christmas Sweaters $15 & Up
Cake Mixes $1 & Up
White Cake Frosting $2 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Sprinkles $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.