Self-Compassion & Self-Talk: 5 Easy Ways to Be Happier & Show Yourself Love by Sheryl Gould
Did you know that the way you think about yourself is more directly related to your happiness than the circumstances of your life? Having compassion for yourself makes you happier than those who do not. Here are five ways to show yourself compassion:
- You are human. Make the decision to stop beating yourself up and instead treat yourself with kindness. Work on viewing any mistakes as opportunities to grow.
- Everyone has struggles and self-doubt. There is no winning when we play the comparison game. The truth is, each one of us has a battle we are fighting, we often just don’t want people to know it.
- Practice positive and compassionate self-talk. Next time you find you’re beating yourself up, replace that voice with a kinder one. Comforting yourself in the moment will get easier the more you practice it.
- Extend and expand kindness to others. The next time you find yourself in a conversation and start comparing yourself, in that moment extend kindness to yourself and the other person.
- Share your struggles with a safe friend. A safe friend not only listens but is also willing to share their own struggles. Openly share feelings of inadequacy and extend self-compassion.
How do you show compassion to yourself?
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.