Ballroom Dancing: Here Are 6 Joys & Benefits of Dancing! by Charlene Torkelson
I’ve been a dancer for a long time, and I’ve been a teacher of ballroom dancing for over 40 years. When my students start their dance journey, some come kicking and screaming not understanding why someone has forced them to “try” a lesson. Soon they become avid fans of this art form and exercise option. Why? There are a number of reasons dancing has become so popular with adults as well as children:
- Music! Anything that involves music puts us into a different frame of mind. Music takes us into a different world.
- It is social. Dancing is something we do with others. It’s a great way to meet people.
- It’s an excellent exercise. People of all ages find this to be a great way to put movement into their daily lives.
- It allows us to go places we might not have felt comfortable before – clubs, weddings, parties, etc. It builds confidence.
- Educational. Even as adults, we like to learn new things. It has been proven that dancing helps prevent dementia. It involves not only physical movement but thinking and problem solving.
- It’s fun! And isn’t that the bottom line – fun?!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.