5 Questions Parents Should Ask Their Children's Teachers Now! by Pepi Silverman
Forming a strong home/school partnership is essential to supporting student progress. Parents need to share their expertise about their children and teachers need to share their insights about learning. The following questions can build a shared understanding to improve student performance:
- What does my child’s school day look like?
- What are my child’s strengths and weaknesses?
- How does my child’s performance compare to same-aged peers?
- How is my child’s progress being measured?
- What can we do at home to support student progress?
With these answers, parents and teacher can work together to support student learning.