Is Your Child Stressed or Upset? How to Make a DIY Calming Bottle! by Mindy Hudon, M.S., CCC-SLP
A calming bottle is a relaxation tool to help when your child is stressed, overwhelmed, upset or just needs a break! Here’s how to make your own!
- clear plastic bottle with a cap (a water bottle works well)
- 1 2-ounce bottle colored glitter glue
- hot water
- food coloring
Here’s how you make it:
- Fill three-fourths of the bottle with hot water.
- Slowly add the glitter.
- Cover and shake until the glue is dissolved.
- Add a drop of food coloring.
- Glue the cover on the bottle to secure.
Here's how you use it:
Shake the bottle. Place the bottle on a level surface and watch the glitter fall to the bottom of the bottle. Help your child imagine that the glitter is the thoughts swirling around their head and as the glitter settles to the bottom of the bottle, their thoughts can become calm and their body relaxed. This works great form moms and dads, too!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: