10 Things You Need to Know About Mosquito Repellant & Kids! by Mei Marcie
a year ago
Just because summer is almost over doesn't mean mosquitos are gone. Choosing the right insect repellent and how to use it may not be so straightforward for kids. Here are 10 tips to keep in mind!
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends products with up to 30 percent DEET for children over 2 months old.
- The AAP recommends using products with up to 10 percent picaridin.
- Put sunscreen on first, then insect repellent.
- Spray outdoors to reduce inhalation.
- Avoid applying on young children's hands as they may put them in mouth.
- Do not spray on the face.
- Wash insect repellent off once indoors.
- Store insect repellent out of reach of children.
- Wear long sleeves.
- For babies and toddlers, use netting or screens for strollers when outdoors.
Read more about kids and mosquitoes here!
The baby mosquito net offers 100 percent protection against bugs, bees, mosquitos and flying insects.
Protects your baby from mosquitoes, insects and bugs while you're jogging or running.
The baby mosquito netting comes in a 100-by-100 inch size and was specially tailored and tested to fit all pack n plays, playpens, cribs and twin strollers (or double strollers).