Valentine's Day Tips We Love on Crafts for Kids, Recipes, Activities & More! by Donna John
While you don’t have to completely let go of your romantic ideas of Valentine’s Day, the day of love does take on a new meaning when you’re a parent. Want to turn February 14 into special time with your kids that hold lasting memories? We’ve gathered our best heartfelt tips from experts and moms to help you do just that – and threw in a few just for adults, too! Check ‘em out!
Food & Recipes
- Does the thought of baking homemade cookies with your kids sound fun, but a little too messy and time consuming? Try these easy Valentine’s Day cookies that are made with store-bought wafer cookies!
- Valentine’s dinner for two is romantic, but why not make it a family affair?
- Want a cute gift that your younger child can help make? Make Awesome Sauce (aka barbecue sauce) and add a cute tag for a gift everyone will enjoy!
- Make mealtime memorable with these three fun Valentine’s Day dinner ideas your kids will love!
- Show your heart a little love with these five heart-happy and healthy nutrients!
- Does your child’s school have a no-candy policy? Here’s how to swap the sweets for healthy and tasty treats!
- While Valentine’s Day may be for lovers, that changes when you become parents! Feel the love with a kid-friendly Valentine’s Day menu!
- Give your Valentine a live plant this year instead of cut flowers! Learn the three benefits of giving live plants!
- Love doesn’t have to cost a thing. This Valentine’s Day gift from the heart is sure to please and be a lasting keepsake! (As a recipient of this gift last year, I can tell you it’s a surefire way to someone’s heart!)
Crafts for Kids
- Homemade Valentine’s Day cards are not only a fun project to do with your kids, but they’ll mean more to the recipient and your child – because they made it themselves!
Here’s how to make cards with just glitter and glue!
- Need something to hold those cards? Make a DIY Valentine’s Day pouch craft with your kids!
- Coupons are always a hit! Check out these 10 fun Valentine’s Day coupon ideas!
- On a budget? Here’s how to save money on Valentine’s Day cards for your child’s classmates!
- Looking for a DIY Valentine’s Day card with the ahhhh factor? We love this easy mouse Valentine card!
- Down to the wire making those Valentine’s Day cards with your kids? This DIY card is easy and cerealsly cute!
- With all the snow, many of us are experiencing cabin fever. Why not have a red and pink
- You’ll be crowned Mom of the Year when you let your kids have a Valentine’s Day pajama party!
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day as a family! Here’s some ideas to make Valentine’s Day fun and special for the whole family!
- Looking for a way to make family traditions? Try these four fun ways to make memories this Valentine’s Day!
- Want to know how to turn up the “heat” and make your loved one’s passions boil this Valentine’s Day? Check out these 11 foods thought to be aphrodisiacs!
- No time for love? Make time! Here are three ways to show your spouse you care this Valentine’s Day!
- Make the time to love your spouse! These five tips for TLC will help!
- A love high from chai? Learn the aphrodisiac properties of this Indian tea!
Videos That Show the Love
Whether you have a “Valentine” or not, let’s shift the focus from the romantic vision of buying gifts and having a fancy meal. Dr. Christi Hibbert explains how to share love and grow your heart in this video! In this video, Dr. Christi redefines Valentine’s Day as more than just a gift-giving between couples or school children! Annie Dillon has a great idea to start a family Valentine’s Day tradition that will make lasting memories. Watch the video!
We asked moms what they really want for Valentine’s Day. Their responses may surprise you! Check out the blog post!