Afraid Your Child Will Slip Into Summer Slide? How to Decide If You Child Needs a Tutor or Academic Program During Summer Break! by Heather Bragg
Research around whether children loose academic ground over the summer is inconclusive: some studies say yes, some say no. (Gee, thanks for the ambiguity, Academia!) When deciding whether or not to enroll your child in some sort of academic program over the summer, consider the following:
- Was my child frustrated by anything last year, especially in math or reading?
- Can I add tutoring to my child’s summer and still leave enough time for fun and leisure?
If the answer to either (or both!) is yes, sign up for tutoring or a summer school program that targets your child’s needs.
To continue to work on academics over the summer, add these things to your kids' summer to-do list:
- Have reading time each day.
- Play board games that encourage reading, math and thinking.
- Encourage your child to keep a journal and write in it daily.
And don't forget to throw in some fun times, too!
Boggle Junior $15
Sum Swamp $12
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.