Raising a Left-handed Child? 5 Challenges & Tips to Help! by Donna John
By age 5, you should know your child’s dominant hand. Is your child a leftie? Try these tips from Education.com!
- Writing – For school-aged kids, parents can help by teaching their child to tilt the paper toward the right.
- Holding Pens/Pencils – Make sure kids hold the pen right. Lefties tend to “hook” grasp.
- Computers – Invest in a left-handed mouse.
- Tying Shoes – This can be more challenging. Practicing with shoes off and in front of a mirror can help.
- Products – Invest in items designed for lefties.
Check out these great products for lefties!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.