Raising a Left-handed Child? 5 Challenges & Tips to Help! by Donna John
a year ago
By age 5, you should know your child’s dominant hand. Is your child a leftie? Try these tips from Education.com!
- Writing – For school-aged kids, parents can help by teaching their child to tilt the paper toward the right.
- Holding Pens/Pencils – Make sure kids hold the pen right. Lefties tend to “hook” grasp.
- Computers – Invest in a left-handed mouse.
- Tying Shoes – This can be more challenging. Practicing with shoes off and in front of a mirror can help.
- Products – Invest in items designed for lefties.
Check out these great products for lefties!
Pens made especially for your little left-hander.
Set will keep a lefty kid entertained while teaching them about being left-handed.
Two pairs of colorful Lefty's custom left-handed blunt scissors for left-handed kids, 5 years old and up.