Flu Season – It’s Not Too Late to Vaccinate: 5 Flu Shot Facts You Need to Know Family Health
After a slow start this season, the flu is finally gaining steam, and experts are projecting a bad stint ahead. But it’s not too late to protect yourself and your family! Here are five reasons why it’s flu shot crunch time:
- More than 6,000 people have tested positive for the flu already, more than double this time last year.
- The flu started out slow in October but spiked in November.
- Three out of every five people have not gotten their shot yet, which means they can easily spread flu germs to others.
- Most kids who get seriously ill and die from the flu vaccine have not been vaccinated.
- The flu vaccine takes two weeks to kick in, so if you’re planning to travel or have a house full of guests, you need to get your flu shot now to be sure your antibodies are ready.
Winter is festive, but germs are not. Do your part to stop the spread of the flu by getting a flu shot for yourself, your kids and everyone else on your list!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!