6 Healthy Benefits of Swimming for Kids, Parents & Even Moms-to-be! by Charong Chow
Want a fun family activity that's really good for you? Sign your entire family up for swim lessons or regular swim sessions. According to the Centers for Disease Control, here are some of the benefits of swimming:
- Swimming is great aerobic activity for all ages.
- It increases stamina.
- Taking a dip in the pool may decrease depression.
- Children learn water safety, and it can help the family connect while having fun.
- Pregnant mothers report positive effects mentally and physically.
- Older adults can see an improvement in arthritis and other chronic diseases.
Bonus: Kids have such a good time, they have no idea they're doing something good for them!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.