Summer Allergies: 6 Ways to Beat Allergens & Reduce Your Symptoms! by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
Summertime is fun – unless you have allergies that won’t let you breathe. Don’t let sniffles and sneezes keep you from enjoying your summer. Take advantage of these simple ways to reduce allergy symptoms!
- Wash your hair at night to rinse out pollen.
- De-stress yourself with quiet time. Stress can worsen allergies.
- Use a saline sinus rinse to clear out allergens.
- Take an antihistamine to reduce symptoms.
- Keep your home cool and dry to avoid dust mites.
- Wash bedding and towels weekly in hot water.
There may not be a cure for allergies, but allergic reactions can be easily mitigated. To seek treatment for serious allergy symptoms, visit your health care practitioner or go to NPFinder.com to find a nurse practitioner near you.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.