Summer Allergies: 6 Ways to Beat Allergens & Reduce Your Symptoms! by Cindy Cooke
Summertime is fun – unless you have allergies that won’t let you breathe. Don’t let sniffles and sneezes keep you from enjoying your summer. Take advantage of these simple ways to reduce allergy symptoms!
- Wash your hair at night to rinse out pollen.
- De-stress yourself with quiet time. Stress can worsen allergies.
- Use a saline sinus rinse to clear out allergens.
- Take an antihistamine to reduce symptoms.
- Keep your home cool and dry to avoid dust mites.
- Wash bedding and towels weekly in hot water.
There may not be a cure for allergies, but allergic reactions can be easily mitigated. To seek treatment for serious allergy symptoms, visit your health care practitioner or go to NPFinder.com to find a nurse practitioner near you.