What does a top dietitian keep in her gym bag? Here are five things you’ll find in mine!
- Water – Choose an environmentally friendly BPA-free reusable water bottle. You need 8 ounces for each 15 minutes you're active.
- Makeup remover pads – Don't workout in makeup! This can lead to clogged pores and a post-workout breakout if you're acne prone.
- Vitamin C – Beat those gym germs from the dirty equipment by supplementing 500 to 3,000mg a day.
- Sunscreen – So important to use if you're working out outside! Aim for SPF 30 and choose one without undesirable chemicals like benzone derivates (i.e. oxybenzone).
- Extra protein – Choose a clean, grass-fed whey or vegan protein powder free of added sugar, artificial flavors and colors. I enjoy the Bodylogix or Kaizen brand. I mix it with coconut or almond mix and a small scoop of my favorite fruit for a post-workout protein shake.
Now you're set to workout!
A quick and easy way to increase your daily protein intake without all the added sugars, artificial sweeteners and colors that you'll find in many protein powders.
Created with a low temperature natural process that does not use any chemicals or acid hydrolysis.
Whey sourced from New Zealand is a healthy, clean and whole source of protein. Gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians. Contains no hormones, antibiotics, pesticides or GMOs.