What?! Another Meeting? Learn How to Spice 'Em Up & Boost Health! by Nicole DeAvilla
The next time you or your colleagues schedule a meeting, make it a walking meeting. A study published in the journal, Preventing Chronic Disease, found that walking meetings may boost employee health and productivity. Walking also has many psychological benefits. Tips from the authors of the study include:
- Keep the number of people small.
- Schedule a sit-down time after the walking meeting if follow-up notes are needed or to review documents.
- Ideally find a park or other place suited for pedestrians.
- When the weather is unsuitable outside, walk indoors.
- A small notepad or talking into a phone recorder can be used during a walk.
- Plan in advance so everyone knows to wear good walking shoes.
- Wear sunscreen and a hat and bring water.
Walking meetings can boost health and employee satisfaction! Read more about this study here!