Sun Protection for the Whole Family: 7 Tips You Really Need to Follow! by Ann Marie Gardinier Halstead
Did you know that someone dies every hour from melanoma? Learn how to protect your family with these tips from SkinCancer.org!
- Stay in the shade, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Avoid getting a sunburn (your risk for melanoma doubles if you’ve had more than five sunburns).
- Avoid tanning beds.
- Cover up with clothing, hats and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Use a daily broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher. Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outdoors. Reapply every two hours or immediately following swimming or excessively sweating.
- Keep infants out of the sun. Apply sunscreen to babies over 6 months old. Examine your skin from head to toe monthly.
- See your doctor for an annual skin exam.
Get more sun protection tips here!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal health care provider.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.