You Shouldn’t Just Stretch After Your Nap: 5 Tips to Help Avoid Injury When Stretching for Fitness! by Donna John
a year ago
The Mayo Clinic says stretching is great for your muscles – but make sure you stretch right to help avoid injury. Keep these five tips in mind!
- Always warm up with a short walk or jog. Stretching is not a warmup!
- Stretch the major muscle groups and joints that you use each day.
- Hold stretches for 30 to 60 seconds in a position that’s not painful.
- Never bounce when you stretch.
- Be consistent and aim for at least two to three times a week.
Get more tips on stretching and fitness here!