Creole Catfish Delight Recipe Is a Celebration of Regional Identity Seafood Dinner Gluten-free
Creole cuisine, with its rich blend of flavors and cultural influences, has an irresistible charm that captivates the taste buds. One dish that truly embodies the spirit of Creole cooking is Creole Catfish Delight. This fish recipe takes the succulent, mild flavor of catfish and infuses it with a medley of spices, creating a dish that’s both comforting and exciting.
This seafood recipe utilizes diced red onion, diced tomatoes, sliced okra, minced garlic, white wine, chicken stock and then ends with poaching the catfish in the flavorful liquid.
Creole Catfish Delight is not just a dinner, it’s a celebration of regional identity and culinary prowess. Pair this delectable gluten-free dish with local sides like creamed spinach, collard greens, hushpuppies or cornbread for an authentic southern feast.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and basil
- 2 cups sliced okra
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 2 catfish filets (about 6 ounces each)
- Cookbooks by Chef Ryan Boudreaux
- Lemon Juicer
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Meat Thermometers
- The catfish is cooked through at 145 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer to confirm if you are new to cooking fish.
- There are hundreds of Creole seasonings on the market with all levels of spice and heat. Use your favorite.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and sauté until transparent.
- Add the garlic and Creole seasoning and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and reduce by 2/3.
- Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes with liquid and okra. Bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat and continue simmering about 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and catfish filets. Cover the filets with some of the okra and tomatoes. Cover and simmer until catfish is cooked through to 145 degrees F internal temperature, or about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve each catfish filet with the okra and tomatoes.
Photo and recipe courtesy of Chef Ryan Boudreaux.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat 19.9g
Saturated Fat 3.4g
Total Carbohydrate 23.2g
Dietary Fiber 6.6g
Total Sugars: 8g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!