White Queso Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe: Broccoli Soup With Mexican Flair Soups Vegetarian Dinner Lunch
I wanted some soup for lunch, and the creamy white broccoli soup recipe dropped in my Facebook feed just in time. As it turned out, I had some fresh broccoli that needed using up, as well as a container of white queso dip that I figured could substitute for the cheddar cheese that recipe called for and provide a little heat in the process.
I added some sweet mini peppers and mushrooms to the soup recipe, and then cooked it in my Instant Pot™. The resulting soup wasn’t as thick as the cheddar cheese soup is because I didn’t have any potatoes to put in and I didn’t try to blend some of it into a puree. But who cares!? We enjoyed a very tasty soup for lunch!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 sweet mini peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces (or so) broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 16 ounces white queso dip (I used Panchos White Queso Dip)
- croutons, for serving
Here’s how to make it:
- Set Instant Pot™ to Sauté. When hot, melt butter and add onion and peppers. Cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Pour in broth and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add white queso dip.
- Turn the pot to Off and then to Soup for 30 minutes. Place lid on pot and set valve to Sealing.
- After cooking cycle is done, allow pot to slow release pressure.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!