Easy Turmeric Rice Recipe With Chickpeas & Spinach Is Quick & Healthy Grains Vegan Side Dishes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the turmeric, cumin, garam masala and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chickpeas and spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and cilantro. Stir and serve.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!