6-Ingredient Amish Cheesy Bacon & Potato Casserole Recipe Is Comfort Food In No Time Amish Recipes Casseroles Pork Dinner Side Dishes
Sometimes, you just need a satisfying comfort food meal, and you need it fast. Here's a quick and delicious, belly-filling comfort food casserole made with potatoes, cheese and bacon (need we say more?) to dish up and serve for dinner.
This is an Amish recipe, so you know it's got that old-fashioned comfort food flavor everyone loves. Plus, with just six ingredients, it's simple to make and is ready in about half an hour. Seriously!
For an even heartier meal, add diced leftover cooked chicken. We're pretty sure you'll get requests for this recipe because it's so easy and so delicious. Pure comfort food in no time!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 12 - 14 medium russet potatoes, baked until about 2/3 done (still firm to cut)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions or chives, chopped
Here’s how to make it:
- Prepare a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Quarter the cooked potatoes and place half in the prepared casserole in single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bacon and cheese. Top with half the sour cream, sliced onions and then the cheeses. Repeat layers. Top with more cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with additional sliced onions.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!