Cheesy 3-Ingredient Green Chile Baked Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe by John Eckels
I threw this cheesy green chile baked mashed potato casserole together a few years ago when I made prime rib for my holiday dinner. This three ingredient potato casserole recipe is super easy and my guests have raved on how good this recipe is. This is a very bold side dish and goes well with steak and prime rib.
To make these easy baked mashed potatoes you will need two containers of Bob Evans sour cream and chives potatoes, a can of chopped green chiles and sharp cheddar cheese. The potatoes bake for about one hour in the oven after being whipped together with an electric mixer. The prep is quick and easy, and it's gluten-free.
This easy cheesy baked mashed potato casserole recipe is one your family will not soon forget. Delicious.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 5 minutes
- 2 containers (32 ounces each) Bob Evans sour cream and chives mashed potatoes
- 1 small can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- I used a KitchenAid stand mixer for this recipe.
- I have found the mashed potatoes to be a little bit inconsistent in terms of thickness. If the potatoes are thick use the juice in the green chiles, otherwise drain before adding to the potatoes.
- This recipe could easily be cut in half and baked in a smaller casserole dish.
Here's how to make it:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine both containers of mashed potatoes and green chiles. Spread the potatoes in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Top with the cheese and bake an additional 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and potatoes are hot.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.6g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 13.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.6g
Total Sugars: 1.4g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.