4-Teaspoon Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts Recipe Is Seasoned Perfectly by Donna John
Boneless chicken breasts are always in my freezer, and I love them for a quick dinner. There are so many different ways to cook chicken breasts, and I'm always looking for recipes that I don't have to make a trip to the store for. This pan-seared chicken recipe with charred lemon uses pantry ingredients and is on the table in about 20 minutes.
The chicken breasts are seasoned with a blend of garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder and dried oregano – 1 teaspoon of each. (Now you get the name!) The chicken is also given a squirt of fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. The chicken breasts are pan-fried in a skillet in a little more olive oil along with lemon slices. The chicken and lemon turn a deep golden brown as they cook. The flavor of this chicken is amazing! You won't be able to stop eating it.
Serve this one-pan chicken with your favorite side dishes. I served mine with Mediterranean lemon potatoes and a fresh garden salad with lemon vinaigrette. Shred any leftover chicken for a tasty chicken salad.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes (determined by thickness of chicken)
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 lemon, half juiced and other half sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the seasonings in a small bowl. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste, then sprinkle the seasoning all over on both sides. Drizzle with a little olive oil and squirt with fresh lemon juice.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and lemon slices and cook until chicken is golden on the first side.
- Flip the chicken and lemon slices over and continue to cook until just cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature).
- Serve the chicken with the charred lemon on top.
Note: I cut this recipe in half and used two chicken breasts and half of the seasoning blend.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Smoked Paprika $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.