Crispy Baked Potato Skins Recipe: An Appetizer Every Super Bowl™ Party Needs by 30Seconds Food
Is it really a party or get-together without a plate of crispy baked potato skins? Potato skins are a classic appetizer that's usually the first thing to go at parties. Lucky for everyone, potato skins are really easy to make!
Start with small baked potatoes. Cut them in half and scoop out the fresh. (Use the flesh for mashed potatoes or another recipe.) The potatoes are brushed with a seasoned garlic butter and baked again. Then fill with bacon and cheese and baked again. Top with sour cream and fresh chopped green onions and they're ready to be devoured by your friends and family.
These potato skins can be cooked in an air fryer, too. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Bake the clean potatoes for 35 to 40 minutes, the scoop out the flesh, brush with the butter and air fry for another 7 to 9 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking time. Sprinkle with the cheese and bacon and cook about 2 more minutes.
Serve this baked potato skins recipe as an appetizer or even a side dish with dinner instead of a loaded baked potato.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 6 small baking potatoes, washed well
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 - 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- To bake the potatoes, pierce all over with a fork and bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until tender. You could also microwave the potatoes until tender. Let the potatoes cool, then cut in half and scoop out the fresh, leaving about 1/4-inch thick shell. Put the potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- Mix together the melted butter, parsley, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a bowl. Generously brush the inside of the potato skins with the mixture. Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes over and continue to bake another 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Flip the potatoes over again and fill with the bacon and cheese. Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with sour cream and chopped green onions before serving.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Air Fryers $50 & Up
Potato Cookbooks $5 & Up
Seasoned Salt $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.