Steakhouse Crispy Criss-Cross Garlic Butter Parmesan Potato Recipe by Donna John
Potatoes are a must, at least once a week. A roasted potato recipe from a famous steakhouse in Las Vegas caught my eye. One reason was because they look delicious, and the other was the interesting method used to prepare the potatoes to be baked. The small "new" potatoes were cut in half and then a criss-cross pattern was cut into the potato flesh. This method helps the flavored butter penetrate into the potatoes so there's more goodness in every bite.
The steakhouse recipe called for maitre'd butter (aka Maitre d'Hotel Butter), which was their brand. Maitre d'Hotel Butter is French and translates to "master of the hotel." It's said that hotel waiters and chefs would create a compound butter to use on their signature dishes, so the ingredients in each maitre'd butter will be different. Because I didn't have this product, I created my own flavored compound butter for the potatoes to soak up as they roasted using butter, Dijon mustard, garlic, parsley flakes and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The result was potatoes with a soft, creamy inside and crispy, cheesy outside.
Serve these criss-cross steakhouse potatoes with chicken, pork, lamb or beef. Change up the ingredients in the butter to create your own unique taste. You could even use another cheese like gouda or gruyere.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 10 - 12 small baby potatoes (red, gold or white)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced fine or pressed
- dried parsley flakes, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- Be very careful when making the criss-cross pattern in the potato, and use a sharp knife.
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the potatoes in half. Carefully cut a criss-cross pattern into the flesh.
- Melt the butter in a shallow casserole dish. Stir in the mustard, parsley flakes, garlic and about 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes cut side down on top of the butter mixute.
- Brush some of the butter mixture on the tops of the potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven until potatoes are tender and Parmesan is beginning to brown and get crispy, about 30 minutes.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.