Apple-Glazed Ground Beef Meatballs Recipe Will Be the Opal of Your Eye by Opal Apples
Meatballs are usually a family-pleasing dinner – and ground beef is an inexpensive ingredient that helps stretch the budget. This easy apple-glazed meatball recipe has simple, pantry ingredients: panko, an egg, an apple, ginger, olive oil, garlic, apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. The meatballs are cooked in a skillet and then introduced to the sweet and savory sauce. It's a palate-pleasing dinner!
Serve these easy ground beef meatballs with a fresh vegetable, grain and salad. Rice or potatoes would be a nice bed to pile these meatballs on. These glazed meatballs would also make a tasty appetizer served with toothpicks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Opal Apple, grated
- 1 cup panko
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- green onions, sliced, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, apple, panko, egg, ginger and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix with your hands and shape them into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a saucepan. Cook the meatballs until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, combine the apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Bring the sauce to a low boil and cook until thick. Return the meatballs to the saucepan to heat through and coat evenly with sauce. Sprinkle the green onions.
Photos: Opal Apples
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Panko $2 & Up
Apple Juice $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.