Healthy Salmon Bites Recipe With Creamy Cilantro Yogurt Sauce: Air Fry or Bake These Crispy Salmon Nuggets by 30Seconds Food
"Crispy roasted salmon bites with a flavorful creamy cilantro yogurt sauce, ready in less than 15 minutes," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. "These are incredibly tasty for a quick snack idea (think post-workout protein boost!) or secretly healthier game day treats to serve to your guests! They’re so good they will be devoured by even those who typically reach for the indulgent/highly processed party foods first, so skip the bag of processed chicken bites. Set these out instead and accept all compliments that pour in!"
Or make a dinner out of them. "Pair them with some brown rice or quinoa and your favorite steamed vegetables. So dang good and easy to make, you’re going to love these lil’ salmon bites!" Garnish your roasted salmon bites with green onions and serve next to the cilantro-yogurt sauce and chopped cucumber, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 22 minutes
- 1 pound skinless boneless salmon filets, cut into 1-inch cubes and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour, arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced on diagonally
- chopped fresh cucumber, for serving
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
Here's how to make it:
- To cook the salmon bites in the oven, put the salmon onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with the seasonings, flour and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to coat. Arrange them in a single layer. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until flaky and golden.
- To cook the salmon bites in an air fryer, toss the salmon with the seasonings, flour and a drizzle of olive oil. Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F. Put the salmon into the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- While the salmon bites bake, in a small food processor add all of the sauce ingredients. Blend until smooth.
Photos: Clean Food Crush
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Air Fryers $50 & Up
Cumin $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.