Cheesy Fanned Scalloped Potatoes Recipe Is a Budget-Friendly Showstopper by Food Lion
Potatoes have helped budgets go further for generations and are pretty much a must-have for holiday meals in many families. This budget-friendly recipe for Fanned Scalloped Potatoes (also known as Hasselback potatoes) is a great way to save more money this season so you can holiday more with those you love most.
With heavy cream, white cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic and herbs, this cheesy scalloped potato recipe is not lacking in flavor of lusciousness. This baked potato recipe is sure to become a family holiday tradition for Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup Food Lion grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 pounds gold or russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
Here's how to make it:
- Mix together the heavy cream, 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the sliced potatoes and mix to combine.
- Arrange the potato slices vertically and tightly in a greased 9x9-inch baking dish. Pour any leftover cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown.
Photo: Food Lion
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
9x9-inch Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Christmas Cookbooks $5 & Up
Thanksgiving $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.