Sweet & Savory Soy Brown Sugar Baked Chicken Recipe Will Make Your Mouth Water by Elisa Schmitz
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of easy chicken dinners, especially on busy weeknights. I love the simplicity of putting together a tasty combination of ingredients to make a succulent sauce, then soaking boneless and skinless chicken breast and/or thighs in that sauce and baking it all to bubbly perfection.
That’s how I feel about this sweet and savory soy brown sugar baked chicken recipe. It has an Asian flavor that creates an incredible aroma while it’s baking in the oven, and it’ll make your mouth water as you wait for dinner to be ready.
The good news is that this easy baked chicken dinner recipe is on the table in just about 25 to 35 minutes with this budget-friendly main dish. Make it a complete meal by serving this moist and flavorful chicken over rice, to soak up the sweet sauce. Add a side of your favorite vegetables, too (and hope there are some leftovers for lunch the next day).
Cuisine: Asian / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 35 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 - 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 - 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I used a combination of both)
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic with whisk until well blended.
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour the sauce over the chicken, ensuring that sauce is covering all the pieces of chicken.
- Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and place into the oven. Roast chicken for 15 to 25 minutes, removing pan from the oven once or twice to baste and flip chicken over, ensuring chicken is coated in sauce on both sides while baking. Chicken is done when it measures at least 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve chicken over rice, with plenty of sauce, and vegetables on the side.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.