4-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Recipe: Tastes Like a Chocolate Cloud & Ready in 5 Minutes by Elisa Schmitz
Are you looking for an elegant, decadent dessert recipe for the holidays or a special occasion that doesn’t require any cooking or baking? Or how about a quick treat to satisfy your sweet tooth any day of the week? This incredibly simple yet absolutely delicious four-ingredient dark chocolate “mousse” recipe is rich and creamy enough to put an exclamation point on an elegant dinner, yet easy and quick enough to make anytime you have a chocolate craving. And if your family is like mine, chocolate cravings happen frequently!
This easy chocolate mousse recipe is not a traditional chocolate mousse because it doesn’t require eggs or cooking. But that doesn’t make it any less amazing. All this mousse recipe requires is four ingredients and five minutes of your time. You can prepare it the night before, saving even more time, and it keeps in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several days. You can top this no-bake dessert with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or just a simple candy cane. Fun tip: try using the candy cane as a spoon for a refreshing peppermint crème de menthe flavor!
This chocolate mousse recipe whips up into airy perfection in just five minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. The more cocoa powder you use, the darker the chocolate flavor. The more powdered sugar you use, the sweeter the mousse will be. Enjoy this rich and creamy dessert delight (and don’t tell anyone how simple it is to make, just let them rave)!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup cocoa powder (the more cocoa powder you use, the darker the chocolate flavor)
- 1 cup - 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar (the more powdered sugar you use, the sweeter the mousse will be)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour the cold heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl. Begin whipping the cream on a medium setting until it just starts to thicken. Stop the mixer and add the sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla. Turn on the mixer again to a medium to high speed and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into serving dishes or wine glasses or champagne flutes, depending on the occasion. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings or candy canes, depending on the occasion. Get creative and have fun with it!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.