Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe: You'll Be Stuffed (and Happy) After Eating This Flavorful Soup by Ann Marie Patitucci
If you like traditional stuffed peppers, this stuffed pepper soup recipe is for you. This slow cooker stuffed pepper soup is a delicious dish that easily feeds a family. And the best part is that the slow cooker does most of the work.
Note that this soup recipe calls for the cooked rice to be added 15 minutes before serving. If you’d prefer your soup to be more grainy than liquid, you can add it with the other ingredients at the beginning.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours on low
Total Time: 6 hours and 20 minutes to 8 hours and 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground chicken)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 24 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- sour cream, for serving (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef. Once browned, drain the excess fluid and transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oregano, basil, beef stock, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add cooked rice 15 minutes before serving. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Test before adding more. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.