This 4 Bean Ground Beef Chili Recipe Is Ready in Under an Hour by Donna John
Beans do not belong in chili. OK, they don't belong in Texas chili (my opinion). But some disagree, like my husband. This four-bean ground beef chili recipe is a compromise. To me, it's more of a bean soup than a true thick chili. Whatever you call it, it's dang good.
You could add a can of drained whole kernel corn to the chili for more texture and color. Serve with your favorite chili toppings. A dollop of sour cream, green onions, corn chips and grated cheese are good choices. If you have time, simmer it longer for more depth of flavor.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground chorizo (optional)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper or poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 4 cans (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) small red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained)
- hot sauce, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef, chorizo (if using), onion, bell peppers and garlic in a large soup pot. (If using chorizo, drain some of the fat before adding seasonings.) Add the ground cumin and chili powder.
- Add the tomatoes, with juice, tomato paste, lime juice, beans and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook at a gentle simmer for about 30 minutes. Taste and add more seasonings and hot sauce, if needed. Garnish with chopped green onion and your favorite chili toppings.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kidney Beans $2 & Up
Black Beans $2 & Up
Pinto Beans $2 & Up
Small Red Beans $2 & Up
White Beans $2 & Up
Can Tomatoes $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Hot Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.