Scottish Oatmeal Cookie Recipe: Oatmeal Cookies With a Sweet Touch by Ann Marie Patitucci
I’ve been to Scotland twice, once while enrolled in a summer program at the University of North London. The second time I traveled there with my husband for Edinburgh’s International Fringe Festival, one of the most remarkable events I’ve ever attended. If I’m being honest, Scottish cuisine is not one of my favorites. I do, however, love some of the desserts (shortbread, for example!).
These Scottish oatmeal cookies are like oatmeal cookies with a boost of additional flavor. This particular recipe doesn’t include raisins, though some do. I don’t think they’re necessary, though. The cinnamon and butterscotch morsels really make this recipe special.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Servings: Makes about 4 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (12 ounces) butterscotch morsels
Here’s how to make it:
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats and butterscotch morsels.
- Drop equal sized portions onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 7 to 8 minutes for chewier cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crispier cookies.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Butterscotch Chips $3 & Up
Old-fashioned Oats $2 & Up
Vanilla $3 & Up
All Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.