Authentic Spaghetti Alla Carrettiera Recipe: This 20-Minute Sicilian Recipe Is Delicious by Ann Marie Patitucci
Have you ever made, or eaten, spaghetti alla carrettiera? I grew up in an Italian family and I haven’t! I only recently learned more about the traditional Sicilian dish when a friend shared a recipe with me.
Spaghetti alla carrettiera includes a garlic anchovy mixture with breadcrumbs, sprinkled with fresh parsley and dried chili flakes. I can’t believe this spaghetti alla carrettiera recipe is on the table in less than 30 minutes. It’s perfect for busy weeknights.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 12 - 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 7 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 4 garlic cloves)
- 6 anchovy fillets, in oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, toast the breadcrumbs in a skillet until golden. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Gently fry the garlic with the remaining oil in a large frying pan. After 2 minutes, add the anchovies, chili flakes and parsley, if using. Mush the anchovies with a fork until it’s in tiny bits. Gently fry the anchovy mixture for 5 minutes or until the garlic is cooked.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and cover it with the sauce. Let the pasta heat through. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and stir.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.