Crispy Southern Salmon Patties Recipe Is a Budget-friendly 20-Minute Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Salmon patties and tuna patties are usually family-pleasing dinner options. The ingredients don't cost a small fortune either. This easy southern salmon patties recipe is super crispy on the outside, and moist and flavorful on the inside.
Serve this budget-friendly recipe with a fresh garden salad and your family's favorite vegetable. Don't forget the sauce! These salmon cakes are yum dipped in fry sauce, tartar sauce, Cajun dipping sauce or aioli. The leftovers make a delicious salmon sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 8 patties
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 egg
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 30 crackers (saltine crackers or butter crackers), crushed (divided)
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice, egg, green onions, Worcestershire sauce and Old Bay in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add about half of the crushed cracker crumbs. Stir to combine. Form the mixture into patties.
- Put the remaining cracker crumbs onto a plate. Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge the salmon patties in the crushed crumbs and place in the hot oil . Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Can Salmon $2 & Up
Mayonnaise $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Old Bay Seasoning $4 & Up
Saltine Crackers $2 & Up
Butter Crackers $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.