Crispy Squash Patties Recipe: The "Dirty Dancing" Recipe of Summer by Donna John
Remember the summer Dirty Dancing was released? Everyone knew it would be OK, but then it was described as the "sleeper of summer" because no one could have predicted how much it would be loved. Well, that's what happened with this yellow squash patties recipe. I knew it would be OK, but had no idea how good it would be and how much I want to already make them again.
This easy fried squash patties recipe is crispy on the outside and moist and full of flavor on the inside. A winning combination! After your first bite you'll be grabbing another from the plate. Really. They're delicious. Serve them as a side dish or an appetizer with a dip like ranch, Cajun or fry sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups coarsely grated yellow crookneck squash (about 2 medium squash)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Put the grated squash into a bowl.
- Add the onion, egg and flour. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat about 1/2 an inch of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Using a spoon, drop mounds of the squash mixture into the hot oil to form patties. Don't crowd the pan. (You may have to do this in two batches.)
- Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until heated through and golden brown on both sides. Remove to a paper towel.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Frying Pans $10 & Up
Graters $7 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Dirty Dancing $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.