20-Minute Sesame Chicken Recipe: Don't Scroll Past This Stir-fry Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 - 5 cups broccoli florets
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cornstarch and water to make a slurry. Set aside.
- In a saucepot. combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil. Slowly pour in the cornstarch and cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Add the broccoli and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and cook about 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.