Roasted Balsamic Carrots & Fennel Recipe: This Easy Mediterranean Vegetable Recipe Is Tasty, Healthy Eating by Donna John
Fennel, carrots and onions are baked in a simple balsamic herb dressing flavored with lemon and garlic. Serve this easy roasted vegetable recipe as a side dish or spoon it over lettuce for a main dish vegetarian salad. You could even add some chicken to it for a complete one-skillet meal.
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 bulb fennel, washed, fronds removed and sliced
- 3 - 4 carrots, cut into chunks (I did not peel mine)
- 8 - 10 fresh pearl onions, cleaned, or 1 onion, cut into large pieces (I used pearl onions)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (or your favorite seasoning blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Here's how to make it:
- Put the fennel, carrots and onions into an ovenproof skillet (I used a cast iron skillet) or on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 20 minutes. Stir. Continue to bake another 20 more minutes. Garnish with fennel fronds and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Balsamic Vinegar $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Italian Seasoning $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $15 & Up
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.