Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe With a Light Cream Herb Wine Sauce by 30Seconds Food
Baked chicken is an easy family dinner. This easy roasted chicken recipe is made with white wine, fresh herbs and a touch of cream. This is a slightly elevated weeknight baked chicken recipe that everyone will devour.
For this six-ingredient herb roasted chicken recipe you'll need bone-in chicken pieces, olive oil or butter, fresh garlic, white wine, fresh chopped herbs and heavy cream. The chicken is browned until golden in an ovenproof skillet. The herbs and garlic are added along with the wine. The last addition is the heavy cream, then the chicken is baked until cooked through. The heavy cream, herbs, wine and pan juices create a beautiful sauce. The sauce is delish spooned over mashed potatoes or rice.
Serve this easy baked chicken for dinner with your favorite side dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 6 chicken bone-in chicken pieces (thighs and legs work well)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter (or a combination)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, parsley, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook about 2 minutes over high heat. Reduce heat and add the herbs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Put the chicken back into the pan, skin side up.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature). Pour the sauce into a bowl and serve on the side, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ovenproof Skillets $10 & Up
Herb Scissors $8 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.