Perfect Pickled Beets Recipe: Easy Amish Pickled Red Beets Are Sweet, Crisp & Tangy by 30Seconds Food
Before you Google "what is beet broth," let us explain. Beet broth is just the water that you've cooked the beets in. Simple enough. This easy pickled beets recipe is an Amish recipe that you'll find in many Amish homes. Serve as a side dish with any meal or toss them into salads.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 5 pounds beets, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 cups beet broth (water from cooking the beets)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
Here's how to make it:
- In a large pot, cook the beets in boiling water until tender. Drain, reserving 3 cups of the cooking liquid (add more water if needed to make 3 cups). Slice the beets.
- Bring the beet broth, sugar, vinegar, pepper and salt to a boil. Add the beets and cook about 5 minutes.
- Put the beets into sterilized canning jars or airtight containers.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.