Scrumptious Crostini Recipe With Sweet Roasted Cherry Tomatoes On the Vine by Chef Gigi
Make this fun crostini recipe any time of the day! At cocktail hour call them tasty tapas or enjoy for a midday snack or a delicious breakfast. Sweet cherry tomatoes become deeply sweet when roasted and salted. They are scrumptious paired with a mild spreadable cheese. Serve with a fresh berry-scented rosé wine or sparkling wine.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 10 ounces multicolored cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 thin slices pancetta (optional)
- fried sage leaves, for garnish (optional)
- 1 pound fresh ricotta cheese or mild goat cheese
- 8 slices country bread, cut 1/4-inch thick and toasted
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, gently toss the tomatoes with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Be careful that they don't fall off the vine, but if they do, that's OK, too.
- Transfer the tomatoes to one side of a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and lay the pancetta slices out on the other side. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pancetta is crisp. Transfer the pancetta to paper towels to drain, then crumble. Continue to roast the tomatoes for an additional 10 minutes or until they slightly burst open and are lightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the sage and fry until bright green and crisp, 30 to 45 seconds. Drain the sage on paper towels. Reserve the oil for another use.
- Toast the bread and spread the ricotta or mild goat cheese on the toast. Top with the roasted tomatoes and crumbled pancetta. Drizzle with fresh olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and top the toasts with the sage leaves. Serve immediately.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Cookbooks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.