One-Pot Uzbek Plov Recipe: This Ukrainian Meat & Rice Recipe Is As Hearty As the Country It's From by 30Seconds Food
As we stand in solidarity with Ukraine in these troubled times, let's use this time to learn more about the Ukrainian culture and cuisine. This easy meat and rice dish is one of the most popular in the Eastern Europe country.
Plov, also known as pilaf to many, is a signature Ukrainian dish made with meat (usually beef or lamb), rice, carrots and onions. This simple plov recipe makes a hearty main dish, but can also be served as a side dish.
We hope you will try it, and send positive energy to Ukraine as you enjoy this delicious recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds beef, pork or lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces (pork shoulder, leg of lamb, sirloin, beef short ribs, ribeye, stew meat, chuck roast, etc.)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 - 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the meat and cook until browned on all sides. Add the onion and carrots and continue to cook until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook about 1 minute, stirring. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the bay leaves and cumin.
- Pour in hot water to cover the ingredients by 1 inch. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for about 40 to 45 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Long Grain Rice $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.