20-Minute Garlic Beef & Green Bean Stir-fry Recipe: This Garlicky Beef Recipe Is Worth Buying Chopsticks For by Donna John
Tender beef and crisp green beans are cooked in a sweet, garlicky sauce – all in about 6 minutes! What more can you ask for on a busy weeknight?
Serve this easy beef stir-fry recipe over rice with crispy egg rolls. And don't forget the chopsticks!
Prep Time: 15 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
- 1 sirloin steak (10 to 12 ounces), sliced thin (it's easier to slice if it's partially frozen)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 - 8 garlic cloves, minced (I used 8 cloves of garlic)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce (I used low-sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add the sliced beef and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the beef (save the marinade) and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate.
- Add the green beans, red pepper and onion. Cook, stirring, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch into the marinade. Put the beef back into the skillet, then pour in the marinade. Cook about 1 minute. Serve over rice.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $12 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Sugar $2 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Grapeseed Oil $4 & Up
Chopsticks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.