Margarita Cupcakes Recipe With Lime Frosting: A Refreshing Boozy Dessert for Summer Gatherings by 30Seconds Food
You had us at margaritas. This fun margarita cupcake recipe with creamy lime frosting is what we need in our lives right now. How could you not smile while eating one?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tequila (you could substitute water)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
- dash of salt
- green food coloring (optional)
- lime slices
- lime zest
Here's how to make it:
- To make the cupcakes, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Line 24 muffin cups with baking liners. Divide the batter evenly between the cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.
- To make the frosting, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. You can add more powdered sugar, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with the icing. Garnish with a slice of lime and some lime zest.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $8 & Up
Baking Liners $4 & Up
Lemon Cake Mix $2 & Up
Lime Gelatin $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.