Monkey Butter Recipe: You'll Go Bananas Over This Fun Tropical Jam Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Monkey butter is a creamy jam made of bananas, pineapple and coconut (leave the coconut out if you're not a fan). This tropical jam recipe can be spread on toast or biscuits or dolloped on pancakes and waffles.
Be sure to use ripe, but not overripe, bananas for the best results. Store the jam in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 13 to 15 minutes
- 5 medium bananas (not overripe, no brown spots)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, pulsed in a blender until fine (optional)
- 2 cups sugar (see note)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a large pot. Start mashing the ingredients together as they come to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stir and mash, until thickened and smooth.
- Put the mixture into mason jars. Cool and then store in the refrigerator.
Note: Many monkey butter recipes call for 3 cups of granulated sugar. We think that creates an over-sweet jam, so we've reduced it to 2 cups. You can adjust the amount of sugar based on your own taste.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $5 & Up
Crushed Pineapple $2 & Up
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes $2 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.