20-Minute Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe: Super Simple Asian Chicken Recipe Is Stress Free by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the slurry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Put the cornstarch in a plastic zipper bag. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the red and green bell pepper and onion. Cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan.
- Add the sauce and cook for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Woks $10 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $3 & Up
Low Sodium Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.