Easy Barbacoa Recipe: This Slow-Cooker Barbacoa Beef Recipe Is What to Make for Cinco de Mayo by 30Seconds Food
Barbacoa is an authentic Mexican dish that is made with goat, beef or lamb. This easy barbacoa recipe is made with a chuck roast and cooked low and slow in a slow cooker. It's flavorful and a perfect filling for tacos.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours
Total Time: 10 minutes plus 6 to 8 hours
- 1 chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 2 chipotles in adobo, chopped (here's how to save the remaining chipotles in adobo)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 bay leaves
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped onion
- sliced avocado
- flour or corn tortillas
Here's how to make it:
- Season the roast with salt and pepper. Put it into a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred the meat. Serve in tortillas with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $20 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Chipotles in Adobo Sauce $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.