Easy Pancho Cake Recipe: This Pineapple Pancho Cake Recipe Will Impress by 30Seconds Food
A pancho cake is a dome-shaped cake that's popular in Russia and Eastern Europe. This pineapple pancho cake recipe with sour cream frosting can be made easily at home. Cherries could be substituted for the pineapple and pecans or almonds for the walnuts. Get creative!
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours to chill
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours approximately
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 small can pineapple slices, drained and cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Here's how to make it:
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until pale in color, about 4 minutes. Add the butter and mix on low until combined. Add the milk and continue to mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir well.
- Line a round cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake in a preheated 300-degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the cake about 10 minutes then unmold onto a plate. Let the cake cool completely.
- To make the cream, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar until a thick cream forms. Remove 1 cup of the mixture and set aside (this will be used to frost the cake). To the remaining cream, stir in the walnuts and pineapple.
- Cut the cake into pieces. Form half of the pieces on a serving platter in a round shape. Spread with half of the cream. Arrange a few of the cake pieces, then cream, then more cake pieces, to create a dome-shaped cake.
- Frost the cake with the remaining 1 cup cream. If the cream reserved for frosting the cake is too thin for your liking, simply add more powdered sugar.
- Decorate the top with chocolate sauce and/or chopped nuts, if desired. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Round Cake Pans $8 & Up
Electric Mixers $15 & Up
Stand Mixers $50 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Chopped Walnuts $4 & Up
Sliced Pineapple $2 & Up
Chocolate Sauce $3 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.