Hall of Fame Ground Beef Potato Taco Casserole Recipe Is Incredible by 30Seconds Food
Creamy potatoes layered with spicy seasoned ground beef, corn and cheese is incredible. This Mexican potato casserole recipe is all you need on your plate. Really. And it's a fan favorite!
This layered ground beef casserole recipe is made with potatoes, ground beef, onion, fresh garlic, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa, whole kernel corn, alfredo sauce (yes!) and shredded Mexican cheese. The potato slices are gently boiled until just tender (you don't want mush), and the ground beef cooked with the onion, garlic, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa and corn. The potatoes, ground beef, alfredo sauce and cheese are layered in a casserole dish before being baked for about 30 minutes. Amazingly delicious!
The easy potato casserole recipe can be served as a main dish, hearty (very hearty!) side dish and makes a perfect potluck dish. Be sure to print several copies of the recipe, because you're sure to get asked for it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 to 8
- 6 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (divided)
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water about 10 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
- Brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, salsa and corn. Mix well and cook about 5 minutes.
- Layer half of the potatoes in a 13x9-inch baking pan. Pour on half of the alfredo sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Top with half of the ground beef mixture. Repeat with more potatoes, alfredo sauce 1 cup of cheese and remaining ground beef mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and cook until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
Alfredo Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
(I'm also unsure about boiling thinly sliced potatoes, but I suppose it could work. Not sure it would take 10 minutes in that form, though that may depend on how thin you slice them, I suppose.)
But the recipe sounds quite good, though I'll need to find a vegan alfredo sauce to avoid some personal issues with dairy.