Creamy Parmesan Mushroom Risotto Recipe Is a Double Delight by 30Seconds Food
Creamy and indulgent, this easy porcini mushroom risotto recipe can be a main dish or a side dish. The deeply flavored risotto recipe features dried porcini mushrooms and fresh mushrooms. A double whammy of mushroom flavor!
Make this easy Italian risotto recipe your own. You can try different mushrooms until you find your favorite. So easy and so good! This is the perfect side dish recipe for pork, chicken, lamb or beef. You can even serve it as a vegetarian main dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms (button, shiitake, oyster, cremini or a combination), cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Here's how to make it:
- In a sauté pan, combine the chicken broth, water and porcini mushrooms. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon, chop and set aside. Keep the broth warm.
- In another pan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the mushrooms, porcini mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook until onion and mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the white wine and cook until it has absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Start adding the hot broth 1 cup at a time and cooking until it has absorbed. Continue with the remaining broth until rice is tender, about 20-25 minutes. (You may not need all the broth.)
- Turn the heat off and add the Parmesan and 2 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with more freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Risotto Cookbooks $5 & Up
Sauté Pans $12 & Up
Dried Porcini Mushrooms $5 & Up
Arborio Rice $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.