Crispy Fried Macaroni & Cheese Balls Recipe Melts in Your Mouth by 30Seconds Food
Have leftover macaroni and cheese? This easy fried mac and cheese balls recipe is a fun way to use those leftovers and make a great appetizeror side dish. Kids love them, too! And if you don't have leftover macaroni and cheese, make your favorite recipe. Believe us, it's worth it for these crispy fried appetizers!
The cold macaroni and cheese is rolled into balls, then dipped into egg and then panko breadcrumbs. The breaded mac and cheese balls are fried in hot oil until golden and crispy. Oh, my! Be sure to drain them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil before serving.
Serve these crispy macaroni and cheese balls with broccoli, corn, green beans or your favorite vegetable for a fun vegetarian lunch or dinner. Or serve them with chicken, beef or pork. If serving as an appetizer, add a side of cool ranch dip for dunking.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 - 4 cups prepared macaroni and cheese, cold
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
Here's how to make it:
- Put the eggs into a bowl and the panko into another bowl.
- Roll the macaroni and cheese into bite-sized balls.
- Heat about 3 to 4 inches of oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Dip the balls into the egg and then into the panko.
- Drop the balls carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining balls.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.